But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - ROMANS 5:8
God’s plan to save us is through Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Jesus died to save us from our sin.
Open a bible to today’s passage. Read it out loud as a family.
- Do you have any cross decorations? Maybe art, jewelry, or something else? What do you think of when you see crosses?
- How did people treat Jesus when he was on the cross? How did he respond?
- Jesus said he would destroy the temple and raise it up in three days. What do you think he was talking about?
- Why is the cross important to you?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for sending Jesus to die on the cross
You are a powerful and forgiving God
Please help me to remember the sacrifice Jesus made, and to live for Him each day
In Jesus’ name, amen
MONTHLY MEMORY VERSE
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” - JOHN 3:16
After working together to memorize the verse, go through the following questions:
- Have you heard of the word “sacrifice”? Have you ever had to sacrifice something?
- What does this verse teach us about sacrifice?