THE TEN PLAGUES
“I can do all things through him who gives me strength” - Philipians 4:13
Like Moses, Jesus obeyed God to free His people.
God is the one true God.
Ask your child to retell this Sunday’s bible story to you.
- What did Pharaoh say when Moses told him to let the Israelites go?
- What did the plagues teach people about God? (He is the true God; He is powerful; He protects his people, etc.)
- Can you think of a time when you needed God’s help to be brave? What happened?
- What can you do when you need God’s help?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for making a way to save me
You are powerful and loving
Please help me to remember that I can trust you to protect me
In Jesus’ name, amen
MONTHLY MEMORY VERSE
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” - PROVERBS 3:5-6
After working together to memorize the verse, go through the following questions:
- What is trust? Can you name some people that you trust?
- What are some qualities that make you trust someone? How does God show these qualities?