THE LIFE OF JOSEPH
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - ROMANS 8:28
Like Joseph, Jesus forgave those who wronged him.
God is with us in hard times.
Ask your child to summarize today’s bible story for you.
- What happened in Joseph’s dreams? What did his dreams mean?
- How did Joseph’s brothers feel about his dreams?
- Can you think of a time you were jealous? What happened?
- How would you feel if you were Joseph?
- Can we still trust God when bad things happen?
- Read Genesis 50:20 together. What do you think that means?
- How can Joseph remind us of Jesus?
- Talk about a time that you forgave someone, even though it was hard.
- Why is forgiveness important?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for Your forgiveness
You are loving and merciful
Please help me to forgive others
In Jesus’ name, amen
MONTHLY MEMORY VERSE
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” - 1 JOHN 4:7
After working together to memorize the verse, go through the following questions:
- What do you think it means to be “born of God”?
- Name some ways that love has been shown to you.