IN THE BEGINNING
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” - JOHN 1:1
Jesus is over all of creation.
God created us to worship Him.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read through the different days of creation.
- What does the word “create” make you think of?
- Can you think of something that you have created? Maybe an art project, a science experiment, or something you built? Why did you create it? How did you feel about your creation when you were done?
- The bible tells us that God created everything. What does that teach us about Him?
- What are some of your favorite things that God created, and why?
- What is special about the way God creates things? (He can make something out of nothing!)
- Read Genesis 1:27 out loud:
“So God created human beings in his own likeness.
He created them to be like himself.
He created them as male and female.”
- What do you think “likeness” means?
- God created us to worship Him. What are some ways you worship God?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for loving me no matter what
You are such a thoughtful and creative God
Please help me to worship You with all that I am
In Jesus’s name, amen