For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. - Romans 3:23
Like God rescued Noah on the ark, He rescues us from sin through Jesus.
God is our protector.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Review the story together.
- Why did God flood the earth?
- Why does sin separate people from God?
- How did God protect Noah and his family?
- Can you think of a time God protected you? What happened?
- How can we show God we are thankful?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for protecting me
You are trustworthy and loving
Please help me to trust you no matter what
In Jesus’ name, amen
MONTHLY MEMORY VERSE
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!” - 2 Corinthians 5:17
After working together to memorize the verse, go through the following questions:
- Why do you think faith in Jesus is something to be excited about?
- Can you think of a bible story where someone was changed after they put their faith in Jesus? (ex: Zacchaeus, Paul)