So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. - GENESIS 1:27
Jesus was sent by God to rescue us from sin.
Sin entered the world through Adam and Eve.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Review the story together.
- What is a consequence? Can you think of a time you did something that had a consequence?
- Are consequences good, bad, or sometimes both? Explain what you think!
- What is sin? (“to fall short,” to disobey God’s law)
- How did Adam and Eve sin? What was the consequence of their sin?
- What does “hope” mean? Can you think of something you are hopeful for?
- How is Jesus our hope?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for saving me from sin
You are merciful and loving
Please help me to avoid sin and be closer to You
In Jesus’ name, amen
MONTHLY MEMORY VERSE
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!” - 2 Corinthians 5:17
After working together to memorize the verse, go through the following questions:
- What do you think it means to be “in Christ”?
- How can someone be “in Christ”? Is there something you have to do or say? (see John 3:16)