JESUS WALKS ON WATER
“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.” - Colossians 1:16
By calming the seas, Jesus showed that he had authority over all of creation.
We can have faith that God is in control.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- How would you feel if you were the disciples in the boat during the storm?
- Talk about a time you were scared and didn’t know what to do. What did you think and feel?
- Why did Peter start to sink when he stepped onto the water?
- What did Peter say when he became scared? How did Jesus respond?
- Have you ever trusted God when you were afraid? What happened?
- Is there something going on in your life right now that makes you scared or worried?
- How can you “step out in faith” like Peter did, and trust Jesus with your fear?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for always being with me
You are more powerful and more trustworthy than I can imagine
Please give me faith to trust you when I’m scared
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: LOVE
How did God show His love for us? (see Romans 5:8)
Is it hard to be loving all the time? Why or why not?
How do we see love in today’s story?