JESUS FEEDS FIVE THOUSAND
“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” - JOHN 14:6
Like Jesus provided food for the people’s physical needs, He provided for our spiritual needs by saving us from sin.
God knows what we need.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- What is the difference between wanting something and needing something? Think of an example for both.
- Read 2 Peter 1:3 together. What does it mean? Do you trust God to give you what you need?
- What does “provide” mean? Can you think of an example of someone who provides something for someone else? (ex: parents provide love and protection, teachers provide knowledge, police officers provide safety, etc.)
- How did Jesus provide for the people in the story?
- What are some ways that God provides for you?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for being a provider
You are everything I need
Please help me to be thankful for what You have done, and content with what You’ve given me
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: LOVE
What makes it easy to love someone? What makes it hard?
Name 3 people that you love, and say why you love them.
How do we see love in today’s story?