“By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also.” - 1 Corinthians 6:14
Like with Lazarus, Jesus displayed His power in raising Himself from the dead.
Jesus has power over death.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- Why do you think Jesus waited before leaving to go see Lazarus?
- Do you think Jesus knew Lazarus was going to die? Why?
- Why was Jesus able to bring Lazarus back to life?
- Why do you think Jesus cried? Is it okay to be sad sometimes?
- Does this story remind you of another bible story where someone died and came back to life?
- What is different/special about Jesus’s own resurrection?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for taking care of me
You are are powerful and You know everything
Please help me to trust in your power
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: LOVE
What makes it easy to love someone? What makes it hard?
Name 3 people that you love, and explain why you love them.
How do we see love in today’s story?