JESUS HEALS A BLIND MAN
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” - 2 Corinthians 5:7
Like Jesus healed people of their illnesses, he also heals us of our sin.
Jesus opens our eyes to our need for a Savior.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- How did Jesus heal the blind man?
- What did the Pharisees think about Jesus healing the man?
- What did the blind man think of Jesus when his sight was restored?
- What did other people do when they saw that the blind man could see?
- How are we like the blind man?
- Why do we need to be healed?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for healing me from the sickness of sin
You are good and merciful
Please show me how to be thankful for what you’ve done
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: LOVE
What does “love” mean?
How do you show that you love someone?
How do we see love in today’s story?