MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
“I have hidden your word in my heart so that I won’t sin against you.”
Jesus relied on God’s Word when he was being tempted.
God gives us power to turn away from sin.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- What does it mean to be “tempted?”
- Can you think of a time you were tempted to sin? What happened?
- What did Jesus do when he was tempted?
- Read today’s memory verse together. What does it mean to “hide words” in your heart?
- Do you have a favorite bible verse? If so, what is it, and what does it mean?
- How can you depend on Jesus when you are tempted to sin?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank You for always being with me
You sent Jesus to die so I can be closer to You
Please help me to remember Your promises when I’m tempted to sin
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: OBEDIENCE
As a family, go through the following questions…
Can you trust that God’s rules are good to obey?
How can you use the bible to help you obey?
How can we see obedience in this story?