Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. - MATTHEW 28:19
Baptism represents Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Jesus set an example for us by being baptized.
Open your bible to today’s passage. Read it out loud as a family.
- Who baptized Jesus?
- Why did Jesus get baptized?
- Have you ever seen someone get baptized? What did you think about it?
- Why do people choose to get baptized? Why do you think we celebrate when someone is baptized?
- How does baptism remind us of Jesus’s death and resurrection?
- Read today’s key verse out loud. What can you do to teach other people about Jesus? Name at least one person you know who you can tell about Jesus.
PARENTS: Church Project will be performing baptisms on August 28th. If you or your child would like to register, or if you have more questions, click here.
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for sending Your son Jesus to show us how to live
Thank you that he is a perfect example of obedience and grace
Please help me to show the world that I belong to You
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: OBEDIENCE
As a family, go through the following questions…
Why is it important to obey?
Name one way that you were obedient today. Then, name one way that you should have obeyed, but did not. What would have happened if you obeyed?
How can we see obedience in this story?