DANIEL & THE LIONS
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” - 1 Peter 3:14
Like God rescued Daniel from the lions, He rescues us from sin through Jesus.
God rescues us from sin and death.
Open up your bible to Daniel 6. Read it out loud together.
- Last week we talked about the men in the fiery furnace. How is this week’s story similar? How is it different?
- Sometimes, pleasing God means making hard decisions. What are some things that make it difficult to obey God? (ex: being afraid, embarrassed, overwhelmed, confused, etc.)
- Can you think of a time that it was hard for you to do what was right to honor God? What happened?
- It was important to Daniel to obey God even when it seemed scary. Why do you think it's important to honor God?
- How did God show Daniel that He was still in control?
- God rescued Daniel from lions. How does this remind us of what Jesus did for us?
- Read today’s memory verse out loud. How does this verse apply to today’s bible story? How does it remind you of Jesus?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for rescuing me
You are the most loving Father
Please help me to have faith, even when I am afraid
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: GOODNESS
As a family, go through the following questions…
Talk about ways that God has been good in your life.
How can you show other people God’s goodness?
How can we see God’s goodness in this story?