MOSES & THE BURNING BUSH
MEMORY VERSE OF THE DAY:
“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” - John 8:58
Like Moses delivered people from physical captivity, Jesus delivers people from captivity to sin.
God is our rescuer.
Open a bible to today’s passage. Read it out loud as a family.
- What was strange about the bush that Moses saw?
- How did Moses react when God spoke to him? How do you think you would react if you were Moses?
- God told Moses that He wanted to save the people who were suffering in Egypt. Does God care when you’re hurt, sad, or in trouble? How do you know?
- What did Moses say when God shared His plan with him? (see verses 11-12)
- How does it feel to be a part of God’s plan?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for your salvation
You are full of grace and mercy
Please help me to turn from sin and follow You
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: PATIENCE
As a family, go through the following questions…
What is a patient person like? What is an impatient person like?
Where does patience come from?
How can we see patience in this story?