“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young. Set an example for the believers in what you say and in how you live. Also set an example in how you love and in what you believe. Show the believers how to be pure.”
1 TIMOTHY 4:12
Like Joseph, Jesus trusted God even after he was betrayed by people.
We can depend on God.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read the story out loud.
- What happened in Joseph’s dreams? What did his dreams mean?
- How did Joseph’s brothers feel about his dreams?
- Can you think of a time you were jealous? What happened?
- How would you feel if you were Joseph?
- Have you ever felt lonely and betrayed? What did you do?
- Can we still trust God when bad things happen?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for being in control
You are good and perfect
Please help me to depend on You in hard times
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: FAITHFULNESS
As a family, go through the following questions…
Can you think of another word for “faithfulness?”
Why is God faithful? How can we see faithfulness in today’s bible story?