PAUL’S MISSIONARY JOURNEYS
“So you must go and make disciples of all nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” - MATTHEW 28:19
Like with Paul, Jesus wants to use us to spread the Gospel.
When God gives us a mission, He will help us.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- Has doing the right thing ever put you in a hard situation? What happened?
- What kinds of hard things did Paul have to go through while he was serving God? (see 2 Corinthians 11:16-33)
- Even though it was hard, do you think Paul believed it was worth it? (see Romans 5:3-5)
- How did God help Paul while he was in prison?
- Can you think of another bible story where God helped people who were serving him? (ex: the Israelites and Pharaoh, Joshua at Jericho, Daniel and the lions, etc.)
- What can you when you know that obeying God will be difficult?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for helping me
You are a caring and generous God
Please help me depend on and obey You when I am in a hard situation
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FOCUS: THANKFULNESS
What is something that happened today that you are thankful for?
Why is it important to be thankful?
How can we see thankfulness in today’s story?