THE ASCENSION & PENTECOST
“All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit. They began to speak in languages they had not known before. The Spirit gave them the ability to do this.” - ACTS 2:4
The church is the body of Christ.
God sent His Holy Spirit to help us spread the Good News of Jesus.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- Where did Jesus go? Where is he now?
- What was the miracle that happened after Jesus left?
- What does the Holy Spirit do? How is the Holy Spirit like a gift?
- What do you think it means to share your life with someone? Can you name people that you share your life with?
- Why do you think the people in the story lived their lives together?
- The people were changed when they put their faith in Jesus. How were they changed? What are some ways that faith in Jesus has changed you?
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit
You are a good father who is always with me
Please use the Holy Spirit to help me share the news of Jesus
In Jesus’ name, amen
THIS MONTH’S FOCUS: THANKFULNESS
What is something that happened today that you are thankful for?
How can we be thankful, even when things don’t go the way we want?
How can we see thankfulness in today’s story?