“The Son of Man came to look for the lost and save them.” - LUKE 19:10
Like Jesus forgave Zacchaeus, Jesus loves and forgives us.
Jesus came to save sinners.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- Do you know what your name means? Why do you think you were given your name? Do you think your name describes you well?
- The name Zacchaeus means “clean” or “pure.” Do you think that name described Zacchaeus? Why or why not?
- What was Zacchaeus's job?
- What changed about Zacchaeus when he met Jesus?
- Read today’s key verse out loud. Who are “the lost”? How was Zacchaeus lost?
- How can we love other people like Jesus loved Zacchaeus? Give an example.
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for loving sinners
You are full of grace
Please help me to turn from my sin and follow you
In Jesus’ name, amen