THE GOOD SAMARITAN
So when we can do good to everyone, let us do it. Let’s try even harder to do good to the family of believers. - GALATIANS 6:10
Like the Samaritan, Jesus shows compassion to all people.
We should love our neighbors.
Open your bibles to today’s passage. Read it together as a family.
- Why do you think the first two men passed by without helping? What are some reasons that we choose not to help others sometimes? (ex: we’re too busy, we don’t know what to say, we don’t like them)
- What does it mean to love your neighbor? Is it just the person who lives next door to you?
- Why do you think it’s important to Jesus that we love one another?
- Read Ephesians 4:32, this month’s memory verse, out loud. How does this verse apply to today’s story?
- What does “compassion” mean? How did the Samaritan show compassion?
- Name some ways that you can show compassion to other people this week.
To affirm someone is to tell them what you know to be true about them. We can see affirmation used to uplift people in Scripture. (ex: Paul’s letters to the churches; see Philemon 1:4-7).
Take this time to encourage each member of your family through affirmation.
How do you see them becoming more like Jesus? What makes you thankful for them? Share these things with one another now as a family.
Read the following prayer out loud. Have your kids repeat after you:
Dear God, thank you for saving me
You are full of compassion and mercy
Please help me to love others as myself
In Jesus’s name, amen